Saturday, March 05, 2005

What makes me feel good now? - research project

Now i feel veeery good! Although i have not slept the whole night, i feel just perfect. Listening to my favorite band (LED ZEPPELIN), drinking strawberry tea, sitting in "lotos" in the middle of bed, in front of my laptop, and writing something i am interested in, and i want to do. I am planning a research project, and i am almost done with the plan. It is about bimanual coordination, alternating movements, self-paced rhythm, subjective time, relation between motor and mental activity etc. I would like to compare the resulsts on several tests of patients with different subtypes of schizophrenic symptoms, and of healthy individuals. I am happy, because it is something i've wanted to do for quite a lot of time, and finally i see a chance to do it. :) In my view patients who suffer from schizophrenia are usually very kind, and nice to communicate with. Most of them always have something interesting to tell you; don't bother so much about material things, as most of the people do; are creative; with good-nature etc.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Brian Webmaster said...

Hi,

I liked your positive comment about doing research to help people with schizophrenia.

If you might be interested in working part time helping people with schizophrenia - drop me an email at szwebmaster@yahoo.com

And, check out our web site at http://www.schizophrenia.com

9/3/05 8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got the link from schizophrenia.com...good luck with your work with schizophrenics.Unfortunately like some who have this illness my son does do manic spending on material things! Wonder what you mean by bimanual coordination...he is right handed but kicks a football with his left foot ! (?) He can play his trumpet and concentrate in an orchestrial rehearsal for 2/3 hours but could be paranoid/psychotic by time he gets home! How I wish he could be helped to get the best possible life...why does the system in UK rely fully on medication, leaving us carers to do the rehab?

9/3/05 9:52 PM  
Blogger Mimi in NY said...

Oh good god. I stumbled across your blog via someone else's, and just can't take all this positivity. Don't you just want to scream at your patient's sometimes? Just tell them to shut the fuck up?

Or am I being the teensiest bit mean?

20/3/05 7:21 AM  
Blogger Mimi in NY said...

oops, comma error, how embarrassing. keep up the good work and all that.

20/3/05 7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My wife's suffering for last 15 years. I like your positive attitude. Keep up the good work.

23/3/05 4:31 AM  
Anonymous patient_guy said...

Great reading your blog!
Senior SZ survivor also right-handed when writing & left-handed at golf & cricket.
Symptoms ameliorate over time - they were pretty bad in my 30's (suicidal) but thanks to a super wife, I've survived to live an extra life as an advocate for better treatment for SZ sufferers.

23/3/05 8:41 AM  
Blogger Alwayshopeful said...

My boyfriend has sz and I have experienced some really hard times with, but when I think I can't do this one more day I step back and realize that we were put together for a reason. I give him my love and understanding and in return I get the most appreciated love back and the opportunity to learn patience which is a trait I didn't always treasure and use to the best of my abilities.

16/8/09 6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home